Market Clarity Services
Market Clarity provides up-to-date intelligence and advice on all aspects of the Australian telecommunications market.
Our main services include:
- Research Publications
- Custom Research and Consulting
- The Australian Telecoms Infrastructure Database and Business Intelligence Service
- GIS-based demographic analysis
- Strategic Advice
- Research Database Extracts
- Market Tracker: Market History and Forecast Databases
- Tender Management
- Training and Seminars
Market Clarity provides in-depth, high quality analysis of the telecommunications sector in its off-the-shelf research publications, giving providers, industry bodies and private sector clients a more detailed understanding of the forces that affect their business success.
Market Clarity's publications combine our research team's unique technical expertise with actionable competitive intelligence. All reports are based on Market Clarity's independent evaluation and analysis of telecommunications products and services, and complied via primary research.
Our information rich reports are provided in an easy-to-read format suited to management, marketing, product development and business development professionals in advanced communications and related technology markets.
Market Clarity specialises in the areas of advanced networks and convergence. On every client assignment we bring unparalleled market information, coupled with a deep technical understanding of network technologies.
Using both quantitative and qualitative methods, Market Clarity helps organisations gather, synthesise, and use information for strategic advantage in support of:
- Sales and marketing strategies
- Market segmentation
- Product development and launch
- Service positioning
- Service pricing
- Demand forecasting
- Historical and forecasted trends
- Customer satisfaction
- Competitive analysis
- Telecom service benchmarking
- Business case development
- Service and equipment acquisition
Market Clarity offers a unique resource for anyone planning to invest in telecommunications infrastructure in Australia. Market Clarity's Telecoms Infrastructure Database (IDB) provides an inventory of Australia's transmission infrastructure, from DSLAM deployments and fixed wireless broadband base stations through HFC networks, mobile base station locations, access fibre, long-haul fibre, and point-to-point microwave systems.
This is combined with Market Clarity's Market Tracker Telecoms Market History and Forecast Databases and comprehensive geographic and socio-economic analysis of infrastructure location, based on ABS Census information, allowing our customers to gain a highly granular understanding of the potential markets for new infrastructure, including population density, number of households, and number of businesses.
Market Clarity can also analyse this against our service provider and forecast databases, creating a powerful competitive tool for our customers. Additional information is available here.
Market Clarity's demographic analysis skills aren't confined to telecommunications problems. We also have experience in correlating a wide range of customer datasets against Census geographic data. If you need to know more about the relationship between your operations, your customers, and Census data, contact us to discuss your requirements.
We can help telecommunications users prepare their convergence strategies, including vendor selection, migration advice, service and price benchmarking.
Market Clarity's unparalleled market knowledge and research databases are brought to all of our consulting engagements.
SME Customers: We assist small-to-medium enterprises with practical advice on convergence and the full range of telecommunications services and players.
Corporate and Government Customers: When Corporate and Government organisations embark upon infrastructure or service changes, up-to-date market and technology information results in significant cost savings.
Market Clarity can also provide enterprise customers with a geospatial proximity assessment of telecoms infrastructure relative their site locations and requirements. Click here for additional information.
Carriers, Service Providers, Regulators, Vendors and Industry Bodies: These customers require the kind of hard core market intelligence that only primary research can provide. This, coupled with an active role in industry organisations such as the Communications Alliance, uniquely qualifies Market Clarity to provide strategic advice to the service provider and regulatory community.
Market Clarity's extensive information resources include a range of service provider and demographics-forecast databases. The information in these databases cover key facts ranging from service type and service features to revenue information and infrastructure location. Information in Market Clarity's databases can be used to provide a range of custom reports, and serve as the launch pad for more detailed primary research investigations or consulting advice.
Market Clarity's databases cover:
- Australian Voice Services - Market Clarity's databases contain detailed information on the Australian Fixed Voice, Mobile Voice and Data and VoIP Internet markets. This comprehensive database tracks a range of information on more than 340 Australian voice services providers, including over 210 VoIP providers.
- Australian Internet Services - Market Clarity's ISP database contains detailed information on the Australian Internet market. We track over 470 ISPs offering NBN, ADSL, HFC, fixed wireless, dial, ISDN, mobile broadband, ethernet, satellite and fibre services, with data on access technologies, geographic coverage and target markets.
- Australian Data Services - This database includes directories of more than 60 carriers and service providers offering non-Internet data transmission services, covering Leased Line services, Frame Relay services, ATM services, Private IP and IP/MPLS services, Ethernet and VPLS services, Dark Fibre services and a variety of value-added data services.
- Australian Carrier and Service Provider Information Databases - Market Clarity tracks the financial results reported by all listed telecommunications carriers and service providers, as well as many privately owned companies, within databases established for each service provider. We track over 200 Australian service providers, covering all kinds of information including press releases, investor announcements, project wins, product announcements, and much more.
- Australian Transmission Infrastructure Databases - Market Clarity tracks the infrastructure deployment for a wide range of transmission services including Fibre, DSL and Wireless.
- Australian Demographics and Forecast Databases - Market Clarity's demographics and forecast databases cover fixed voice, mobile voice and data, VoIP, Internet and non-Internet data services.
- Australian Telecommunications Service Pricing Databases - Market Clarity conducts a range of service pricing analysis projects covering retail and wholesale services.
- Additional information on these databases is available from Market Clarity. Contact us!
Market Clarity conducts a wide range of customised benchmarks for our customers, including retail and wholesale service prices, assessment of existing contractual arrangements, and many related telecommunications services, processes and infrastructure.
For enterprise customers, Market Clarity’s Benchmark process provides a concise, clear and accurate position our customer’s position in the market at a specific point in time. Market Clarity’s benchmarks are presented in an easy-to-understand format that both our enterprise customers and suppliers easily understand the results, providing an important input into the ongoing dialogue between the customer and the suppliers.
Whether you're tendering for new telecommunications services or re-negotiating existing services, price benchmarking is a vital tool to help keep telecommunications costs under control. Market Clarity offers benchmarking for a host of retail and wholesale telecommunications services, including:
- Voice services (traditional Fixed Voice and IP Telephony);
- Business broadband services;
- Business data services — covering next-generation services such as private IP, Ethernet and dark fibre, and traditional data services such as ATM, Frame Relay, and leased lines;
- Mobile voice and data services;
- Hosted services such as hosted IP PABX / IP Centrex services;
- Managed services;
- Telecommunications infrastructure; and
- Unique wholesale facilities.
Market Clarity’s benchmarks can be used by enterprise or wholesale customers to renegotiate arrangements with incumbent suppliers such as when demand patterns change, or when new technology offers alternative sourcing options.
Market Clarity ensures that all participants in the benchmark process (clients and respondents) acknowledge the relevance and accuracy of the core inputs into the process. Market Clarity’s preferred benchmark methodology is to engage with our client as early in a market testing process as possible in order to obtain optimal results, and strategic advice on procurement related issues.
Market Clarity’s current market information, databases, GIS-based visualisation techniques, and unique analytical skills and experience ensure an accurate and professional benchmark.
Custom benchmarks are undertaken on the basis of a fixed-price quotation basis.
At Market Clarity, we rigorously track the services market. The information in this database series is updated regularly, and covers the following Australian market sectors:
- Internet Services : Broadband and Narrowband subscribers, revenue and ARPU. Information is segmented by retail and wholesale services, business and residential services, technology, data rates (bandwidth), vertical markets, business size, geography, and with details by service provider.
- Fixed Voice Services : Coverage includes basic access lines, voice minutes, and revenue, segmented by retail and wholesale services, business and residential services, with details by service provider.
- Mobile Voice and Data Services : Coverage includes retail and wholesale services, services in operation, minutes of use, pre-paid/post-paid splits, residential/business splits, SMS/MMS numbers, call minutes, revenue and ARPU with details by service provider.
- VoIP Services : Internet-based, Private-network based and Hosted Voice service subscribers, revenue, and minutes, segmented by retail and wholesale services, business and residential services, with details by service provider as permitted by non-disclosure agreements.
- Data Services : including subscribers, customers, revenue and average service yield for IP/MPLS, Ethernet, Dark Fibre, Frame Relay, ATM, Leased Lines and ISDN. Information is segmented by retail and wholesale services.
From RFI to final contract negotiations, Market Clarity is experienced in all aspects of telecommunications tendering. Talk to us to save money!
Market Clarity offers custom-developed training on all aspects of converged telecommunications, from techhnology updates through to executive-level management training and keynote speeches.
Our Events page provides additional information on the topics that we cover.